Thursday, January 3, 2008

Spinach Salad


We had a holiday pot luck at work and I brought my favorite spinach salad. My mom has made this since I was a little girl; she doesn't remember where she found it. I prepped most of the salad the night before, but was sure to leave off the eggs and dressing until the next day. I didn't get a pic of the final product, but it was delicious. I like to add the dressing about an hour before serving so that it soaks into the spinach a little bit but doesn't get too soggy.

1 pound baby spinach
1/4 pound mushrooms-sliced
3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
sliced red onion (put as much or as little as you like, im a bigger onion fan than most)
6-8 slices of crispy bacon, broken into bite size pieces
1 small can of mandarin oranges, drained

dressing: mix together until sugar dissolves, then pour over salad
1/2 cup olive oil
1 1/4 tsp dry mustard
3 T balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup sugar or splenda
salt and pepper

No comments: